Client Stories and Case Studies help you understand how we assist our clients achieve their management, actuarial and human resources consulting goals around the globe.
We help clients which span the full spectrum of industries, sectors, sizes, continents and countries. Additionally, we have created a unique niche within the global management, actuarial and human resources consulting arena, as a “consultant of consultants“.
Custom Survey of IT Sector Employee Benefits
One of the world’s 3 largest human capital, HR and actuarial consulting firms.
- Our client is one the world’s 3 largest human capital, HR actuarial and management consulting firms.
- They client is an avid user of our global multidisciplinary network of local consultants, salary survey data providers and information sources. They have trusted us in diverse global projects many times before, and acknowledges our global strength and abilities.
- They were hired by one of their clients – a Fortune 500 company and one of the world’s top 20 IT corporations, to perform of a 13-countries employee benefits plans valuation.
- The project consisted of competitive assessments of the benefits offered by the IT Corporation in each country, against a specific peer group.
- They requested our assistance for Egypt.
We were asked to perform the following:
Conduct a Bespoke Employee Benefits Survey
Conduct a custom, detailed benefits survey, among a prescribed peer group of IT multinationals in Egypt.
Provide an Overview of the Benefits Environment
Prepare an overview of the statutory and not-statutory employee benefits environment in Egypt.
Recommend immediate and future actions for each benefit plan.
- The IT Corporation demanded to pre-authorize third-party consultants involved in the project.
- KrollConsultants and its local network member in Egypt, were thoroughly due diligenced and authorized by the IT Corporation.
Participants and Data Collection
The Egypt survey was unique for a number of reasons:
- It was the only survey delegated to a third party consultant, and not conducted directly by our client.
- In all other 12 surveys, data was collected from the peer group’s headquarters. We collected the Egypt survey data directly from the local peer group.
- The local peer group companies were not instructed to participate by their HQs . We needed to persuade them to participate and disclose their data.
Our Egypt team persuaded 12 Egyptian subsidiaries from the prescribed multinational peer group, to participate in the survey:
- Sun Microsystems
- Mentor Graphics
The survey analyzed the following employee benefits:
- Medical (including check-ups)
- Dental and vision
- Life and disability
- Our analysis included a qualitative assessment of these benefits, which compares certain elements of the plan design.
- It included a description of the key features of each benefit plan, eligibility, prevalence, plan design, funding methods and more.
Statutory and Non-statutory Benefits Environment Review
The survey included an overview of the benefits environment in Egypt, with a detailed section on Egypt’s social security system.
Benefits Offering Positioning
- Our client was able to provide their client – the IT Corporation, with a clear picture of their benefits offering positioning in Egypt.
- They provided the IT Corporation with detailed analysis, indicating if they were below, above or in-line with local market.
A set of recommendations for immediate and future actions was prescribed for each benefit plan.
Need Our Help in the Middle East? Please Get in Touch
- Whether you are an executive, a professional or a consultant with a business need. Or have a question regarding our services and products. Please use this form to contact us.
- Alternatively, you can phone us at: +972 544 736 210. We shall be happy to provide you with all the information you need.
- See all other contact options here.
We look forward to speaking with you.